Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 11 April 2014

14 Things to Try and Do

Hi guys!

As spring gets underway and summer approaches, I decided to write a list of things I'd like to try and do more often to be healthier and happier. Enjoy!

1. Drink more water

As most of the body is made up of water, drinking more of it is important to avoid dehydration. I've already been drinking it more often recently as I gave up juice and soft drinks for lent, but hopefully I'll be able to stick to it after Easter. Dehydration is bad for the skin, kidneys and other organs, so lots of it is needed to maintain a healthy body function. I'm going to try and carry a bottle with me in my bag.

2. Drink more green tea

Recently scientists have studied the effects of green tea on reducing the risk of diabetes, cancer and Parkinson's disease, as well as balancing the body's cholesterol (LDL and HDL). It has less caffeine than coffee but contains a type of amino acid called L-Theanine, helping relaxation and focus. In the summer I like it cold, I found it bottled in a supermarket (I can't remember the brand name but I'll try and let you know).

3. Eat a large breakfast and lunch, and a smaller dinner

This means that the body can properly relax at night, without having to digest a huge dinner, and helps to speed up your metabolism as well as giving you the energy you need for the day.

4. Eat more fruit and vegetables

I don't know about anyone else, but I hardly ever get my 5-a-day! I'm going to try to replace my unhealthy snacking.

5. Go for a jog/walk/swim/cycle everyday

I never do enough exercise in the summer as the main sports I play have a winter season. Therefore I'm going to try and do a bit more exercise, even if it's just walking home from school instead of catching the bus.

6. Read more

I love reading but being busy with school-work, I've let it slip. I think I'll try reading a few pages before I go to sleep every night.

7. Get more sleep

Following on from that idea, I'd like to get more sleep so I can feel more refreshed the next day and be able to concentrate more at school. I'm going to try going to bed earlier, especially on weekends when I'm at home.

8. Stop comparing myself to other people

I think it's important to spend a little more time focussed on myself, and try and lower the amount I compare myself to other people. This should make me feel happier generally, and reduce the amount of pressure I put on myself.

9. Draw more

Like reading, I love drawing but I rarely get the time any more. I think instead of watching TV in the evenings I could sit down with my sketch book.

10. Don't procrastinate

I'm going to try and reduce the time I spend procrastinating, and generally improve my time-management. I do this an awful lot! This should decrease my stress levels and hopefully improve the quality of the work I produce.

11. Stretch daily to increase flexibility

As a dancer, I'm probably one of the least flexible in my class. Stretching daily reduces tension in the muscles and increases muscular coordination, leading to healthy muscles for the future. It also increases blood circulation which in turn can result in increased energy levels, helping you feel refreshed.

12. Live and work in a tidy environment

A nicer way of saying tidy my room... Should help with my organisation and time-management as I won't have to spend ages searching for things!

13. Enjoy the little things

If I'm having a bad day, I often find it hard to move away from the stress of exams, or the worries of friends arguing, and so I forget to notice the smaller things, like the chocolate bar someone gave me, or the cherry blossom at the end of the road. Appreciating things like this should help to cheer me up.

14. Go outside more

Hopefully the summer will bring more sun, making it easier to enjoy being outdoors (then again, this is England...). Over the summer I'm going to spend more time outside, which is supposed to make you a happier, healthier person :)



Have a great day!


source: http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article/why-is-green-tea-good-for/

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You're blog is gorgeous :)
    Done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely words, means a lot to me. Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fall foul of so many of these things! I'm awful at keeping myself hydrated and have definitely forgot what vegetables look like so should definitely take your advice here!

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not the only one! :)
      xxxx

      Delete